The building of Immingham Dock started in 1906 and took 6 years and in those days was a big engineering project.
Some facts about building the Dock over
* 3.5 million Cubic Yards of earth was excavated to build the dock.
* 30.000 cubic yards of brickwork lined the walls of the dock
* 100 miles of railway were laid on the site to transport materials
* 30 locomotives were used on site as well as 1416 trucks
* 1.5 million cubic yards of spoil were dredged from the approach channel in the river.
On your visit see more more photos and a video about Immingham Dock.